AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric power washer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 1/25/2023 16:06 (#10059603 - in reply to #10058974)
Subject: RE: Electric power washer

I have had a 2142 Alkota since 1992 hot water diesel fuel fired, 110V

Just rebuilt the pump 2 years ago, and had the coils for the hot water acid cleaned.
New motor this fall and new igniter regulator coil this fall.

Other than that, just normal preventative maintenance

I am a repair and fab shop as well as farm, so this gets used every day ( anywhere from 1/2 hr to 6 hrs ).

I have my pressure bumped up to 1500 psi, plenty for me with the hot water. It will peel decals and paint if not careful.
More gpm will wash faster, I will agree, but 1500 psi is adequate for most equipment, unless manure or heavy mud, ( then I just use my 2" transfer pump for sprayer inductor ), I run various nozzles for width of cut.
Combines get blown off 1st with diesel 185 cfm compressor, which alone speeds up cleaning time immensely.

If I take it with me on service calls most people have 110V for power, otherwise my Miller Trailblazer runs it just fine. Sometimes I have to take a tote of water, generator and the powerwasher....slick at far ends of a field if need be.

I'll never be without a hot water power washer anymore, I have another cold water 2000 psi electric washer too for a backup, but only use it when I HAVE TOO.
Hot water does wonders with greasy dirt and tires, takes 1/4 of the time to clean vs cold water.

I have used mine to thaw out doors, pipes and drain tile too.

Another thing, depending on the length of wand and the higher the pressure and flow, the more tiring it is to wash ( over time ), because it takes more strength to hold on to the wand ( wrist, arm and shoulder ). I'm getting older, and notice these kind of things....I can tell when I spend 1/2 to 3/4 of a day washing combines and trucks, by supper time, I'm tuckered out.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)