AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4640 4.0 questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4wdaaron
Posted 1/25/2023 20:56 (#10060192 - in reply to #10059852)
Subject: RE: 4640 4.0 questions

Northern Indiana
iGuide on a 2630 and passive implement guidance on a Gen 4 are the exact same concept. They are both advanced functions and require accurate measurements, TCM calibrations, and significant turning of values. It takes a lot of time to get right

2630 has done signal share for a long time and continues to do so (example: RTK receiver on tractor shares with signal with SF1 receiver on implement)

GcDm2010 - 1/25/2023 19:08

The 2630 is not capable of AutoPath, and the implement guidance system is a joke, from what I've read. At $3000 for that activation, you're best just get the 4640 display and forget trying anything new with the 2630.
Also, as mentioned, the 2nd receiver on the implement doesn't need an RTK activation if you have a 4640, but if you would be required to have 2 RTK activated receivers if you tried having one on an implement with the older 2630.

What the 2630 can do, and does well is if you have pre-made A-B lines. Many recent threads on how to do this. The 2630 works well for swath, RowSense and combine mapping, but any new features that Deere has released since about 2019, you must get a Gen 4 display to take advantage.

As for the ATU 300, I have been unsuccessful in making a non-Deere machine follow AutoPath, but I've read on here that has changed since I last tried last summer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)