AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

good printer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

HFR
Posted 12/3/2022 08:46 (#9962720 - in reply to #9960255)
Subject: RE: good printer

Central Minnesota

corn48 - 12/1/2022 05:39 what would be a good home printer? which one would be ink friendly. I dont print a ton of things, want to print copy scan- also color i have an epson xp640, it uses crazy amounts of $100 ink cartridges

good printer-  not sure there is any such thing, just one of the modern day necessary evils.

With that said I will share a positive(I think) experience I just had with Canon.  Last printer I bought was the plainest black laser wireless printer I could find. Canon 226. Worked like magic for a little over year. One day no worky.

Tried everything could think of. One day called Canon support and put phone on speaker and wait. Half hour some one answers. He couldn't help but knew some one who could. Another half hour got the nicest, plain English speaking, patient with me, knowledgeable, support lady I have ever talked to on any computer, phone, printer support line in my life.

She asked for some information and concluded that I needed new driver on Computer. Something to do with Windows updates.  I had tried downloading new drivers, but had to clear all old Canon drivers from computer and she talked me through how to do that. Once cleared off and new driver download it worked again.

So other then the long wait and kind of poor waiting music, which I understand now after the time spent with me to get a fix, at least Canon had good phone support for me.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)