AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bluetooth possibilities
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

soildrn
Posted 12/12/2006 07:09 (#72672 - in reply to #70854)
Subject: Re: Bluetooth possibilities

If you have 20 to 30 foot Bluetooth range device that is working, you already have the current computer industry standard. Not all bluetooth radios are upgraded to this performance. I am not referring to anything other than the off the shelf devices. Those that I have purchased for my Dell computers are the very short range original bluetooth range. About a $15 part that adds the radio card to an existing notebook. They are not much good except for connections around your desktop in the office.

And, for clarity it is the 33 meter standard for bluetooth, not 33 feet that is the "newest" device.

CAN bus is driven by the fact that industrial (factory floor) communications favor this approach so it has been promoted for vehicular integration. You can find notebook interface cards to expand their capability, but you won't be finding CAN bus as an option when you have your Dell, HP, Gateway built and shipped to you directly from these vendors. Bluetooth is entirely a different matter if you can live with 33 feet max.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)