AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK boundaries across different brands
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

vasile123
Posted 8/9/2022 14:20 (#9788587 - in reply to #9776614)
Subject: RE: RTK boundaries across different brands

Ohio
Hey let me explain it more clearly. As you may know tectonic plates are moving. RTK precision is absolutely but the only problem is tectonic plates. So there are some standarts coordinates made in every 5 or ten years not know for sure.
So again, all RTK station have absolute precision but when installing RTK stations you make a log of your coordinates for 24 hours and then send them for adjustments with your needed system of coordinates. I always used WGS84 these coordinates were registered in 1984, and send data logs to Trimble for adjustments. Some people use ITRF2014 this coordinates were registered in 2014 so from 1984 to 2014 there was some tectonic plates movement i was getting about 70 cm differences.
This is where you get differences from base to base. If both your operators use the same coordinate standards and are both at the same distance from you than you should not get a difference between your lines or boundaries. In agriculture this coordinates are not used all the time because there is no need in them, you just want you tractor to go straight on the same line from year to year. But in geospatial domain this is an absolute need that everyone uses the same system of coordinates. Imagine you registered some territory or villages or your farm field and made some boundaries, and when you came back in 10 years those boundaries are moved because you didn't use a standart as WGS84 OR ITRF2014 to compensate tectonic plate movement.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)