AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What’s up he difference between a Swift driver
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 7/4/2022 00:26 (#9732846 - in reply to #9732421)
Subject: RE: What’s up he difference between a Swift driver

southern MN
Why does a farmer cap have such a rounded bill? From looking in the mailbox so often for the govt checks.

I never understood the Swift trucker jokes, until a fella walked up to me cultivating some beans years ago. He said could I help him, his semi was stuck on the road, needed a little pull.

I was confused as I live on a tar road, it was dry out, what would you get stuck on....

But drive on out and around the corn and - there sits a Swift semi across the county road cross ways covering both lanes, with the tractor of it pretty much jackknifed. With the outside tires of the tractor hanging over the gravel shoulder not touching Because of the crown of the road. This, right on top of the culvert of the ditch going under the road, so there wasn’t any wiggle room to rock the trailer backwards, or if the tractor would scoot out some it too would be hanging over the ditch.

I mean, he had the trailer parked on top of the ditch, parallel with the ditch, over the culvert. How? Why?

I kind of looked around to see if candid camera crews were hiding in the corn rows. I don’t know how a driver could even get in such a position in that spot. Or why. Or, well, how.

I didn’t even ask any questions. Figured I wouldn’t be able to understand anyhow.

I just have to enjoy and laugh at any Swift driver joke after that.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)