AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Small farm Wisconsin photos
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 6/24/2022 08:23 (#9718825 - in reply to #9718469)
Subject: RE: Small farm Wisconsin photos

Not sure just what I can add; these are all pictures I pretty much snap on the go when I'm out doing real estate appraisal work. The 806 with the turbo immediately caught my eye, because of how sharp it looked. I would love to have gotten better/additional photos of it, but traffic on hwy 63 was fairly heavy about then. What was just as interesting as the nice tractor was the hay equipment behind it, an old New Idea Cutditioner. While I'm familiar with the area I don't know all the farmers and their equipment, but I'm sure I'd never seen that rig before.

The 986 with the New Holland 570 baler and the John Deere 620 with the older John Deere rake were parked in a hay field just a few miles away. There is not a lot of small square baling done in this area anymore, a lot of times it's put up for horses.

Majority of dry hay in our part of the state is round baled, some big squares and the large dairy operations either have their own, or have custom chopping crews come in to put up haylage in bunkers.

Hope that answered some of your questions!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)