AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looks like we are going to have to change crop ins companies next year.........
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Lookingglass
Posted 6/20/2022 17:16 (#9713799 - in reply to #9713734)
Subject: RE: What do you mean by "....out on a claim."

Southwest Illinois
Virtually every insurance company will not allow the agent to be involved in the claim process. Not always, but pretty standard practice. After all a lot of folks are friends with their agent. State Farm, Great American, you name it. 40 years ago the adjuster would consult with the agent before settling a claim. What happened in some cases is the agent bullied the adjuster to increase the payout to keep the customer happy. Out of every claim I have had I have gone back up the food chain one time to complain. It was major hail storm with vehicle and building damage. They gave us 12 months to get all the work done but there was so much building damage in the immediate area that contractors were never going to get it all done that fast. I didn't even go back to my agent. I sent an email to one of the VP's that I found his email through Linkedin. They gave us an extra 6 months which was suitable in our case. We have a green snap claim out right now. My agent will not be involved in any of the settlement. If I find errors or if I have conflicting info, then I might. But I find if you treat the adjusters like human beings, for the most part they will work with you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)