AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag leader cable pinout
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/20/2022 11:51 (#9713506 - in reply to #9713232)
Subject: RE: Ag leader cable pinout

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
It appears that my memory about pins being tied together was incorrect.

These schematics indicate that the two cables are complementary or in some respects mirror images of each other for some pins.

Each cable uses 7 wires and Pins 1,2,3,6,7,8,12 on the App Rate End.
Both cables use Pins 2,3,4,5,6,7,8. on the DB end but in a complementary wiring fashion

To avoid cutting the the incorrect cable a null adapter could be created with two DB9 connectors of the same sex. This should allow one to covert either cable to the other. For one situation you would use two DB9 Females back to back, for the other you would use two DB9 Males back to back.

In this case, two DB9 Males would be needed to allow the 309 cable to be used and converted to the 315 cable. The same scheme would be used with two DB9 Females to allow the 315 cable to work in place of a 309. .

Pin 5 to Pin 5
Pin 2 to Pin 3
Pin 3 to Pin 2
Pin 4 to Pin 6
Pin 6 to Pin 4
Pin 7 to Pin 8
Pin 8 to Pin 7

I would go this route as the DB9's are readily available and you don't destroy a good but incorrect cable in the process. This follows the same general concept as using DB9 male and female connectors with GPS. If the connectors won't mate a gender changer with the same sex on both ends its needed and requires some of this internal swapping of wires. With GPS, it is generally Pins 2 & 3 that are swapped with Pin 5 going straight through. The others are not used.

Edited by tedbear 6/20/2022 12:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)