AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Scattering Ashes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

chickenqueen
Posted 6/20/2022 08:38 (#9713306 - in reply to #9708353)
Subject: RE: Scattering Ashes

Mid MO
Please consider if the land is family land that will be kept forever or a ranch house on a lot. My mil always said that she wanted to be cremated and stuck under a pink granite rock in the flower bed. Then she got dementia and came up with about a dozen different ideas about her service. One was having horderves at the funeral home, oh boy! Well, a ranch house on a lot isn't the place to leave grandma, nonetheless try to sell a house with her in the flower bed.

We ended up cremating her and placing the urn in the local cemetery with the pink rock and a plaque on the rock. Moving the rock took two men and was a chore.

She was notoriously cheap and the whole stick me under the rock was her idea to stick it to the man. We got as close as possible but saved no money. We didn't really care about the bill. It wasn't about that. It was about remembering her and trying to have some dignity. My mil was very dignified when she was herself. But she would've had a fit about that funeral bill. Some things are just going to cost you.

That's my .02 & free advice is worth what you pay for it (:

I like the idea of going back onto the land but my mil was no farmer, not in any way!

I meant to stick this at the end of the thread and messed up. My apologies.

Edited by chickenqueen 6/20/2022 08:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)