AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Skyline Drive
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/9/2022 22:52 (#9698583 - in reply to #9698410)
Subject: RE: Skyline Drive

Pittsburg, Kansas

We did a drive that was named something like that that was somewhere around the Royal Gorge. Ridge road of something like that. I was riding the motorcycle and wife was on back. Sign at start said no RV's or trailers. Cool, ought to be a winding fun motorcycle ride. "Ridge" was the key word. No guard rails, single lane one way. We got to where the drop off was so steep on one side you could not see what was below. Ok, cool. Got a mountain on the left, we are ok. Spooky but cool. Then we got to the "ridge" part. No guard rails and all we could see on the single lane blacktop was sky. Single lane road so steep on either side could not see the ground and a slight hump ahead and all that could be seen was sky. Sky three ways and no place to turn around and the wrong way if we did. 

I said "breathe" out loud and my wife behind says "I am". I said "not you, me". We got over the hump hugging the middle of the road then some steep switch backs going down the mountain.

It was a really neat ride, but we did not go back and do it again we were so thrilled with it. It was spooky. That was a number of years ago. Don't know if it is still open to traffic or not.

So many beautiful places and interesting things to see in this USA.

Edited by John Burns 6/9/2022 23:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)