AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

WHY DO PEOPLE KNOCK ON THE BATHROOM DOOR???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

boa628
Posted 6/10/2022 08:39 (#9699011 - in reply to #9698328)
Subject: RE: WHY DO PEOPLE KNOCK ON THE BATHROOM DOOR???

SWOH
Bathroom door gets locked at work a lot with nobody in there somehow. One of them push button deals. So I don’t know if somebody thinks it’s funny or if it just gets bumped and somebody shuts the door for some reason. What I do is give the handle a slight jiggle to see if it’s locked, then if it is I’ll come back in about 10 minutes and if it’s still locked I’ll do a little knock. I figure the handle rattle lets somebody know somebody else is waiting. The knock is just seeing if there’s actually somebody in there and also if there’s no acknowledgement it lets whoever is in there know that they have about a minute and 45 seconds before the door is getting opened up on them.

The nice thing about still having no sense of smell from Covid now is that I don’t have to let it air out another 10 minutes after somebody has been in there for 2 hours.

I know in public restrooms there have been enough overdoses in the area that employees will knock if the door has been locked for awhile. There was a guy that overdosed and died in the bathroom at a local family owned hardware store a few months ago.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)