AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Starcraft RV and what does the diff classes mean.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KSUFarmer
Posted 6/14/2009 00:02 (#744361 - in reply to #744096)
Subject: Re: Starcraft RV and what does the diff classes mean.

Class A motorhomes are shaped like buses. The don't have a hood and either have the engine under the driver or in the back (a pusher). The real nice big Diesel pushers can cost up to and sometimes over a million dollars. I'd say a few hundred thousand is more the norm though. Most of the gas engined, front engine Class A's have a Ford frame and engine in them. They tend to be much cheaper. The diesel ones will have a Freightliner frame under them a lot of the time and cost more. Depends on the manufacturer where they get their frames and engines.

Class C motorhomes have either a Ford or Chevy or some other van front end and chassis under them. Class C motorhomes usually cost up to 100,000 dollars or a little more. They are not nearly as nice, but make up the majority of motorhomes.

You don't hear of Class Bs as much as you do the rest. They are smaller 'panel' vans that are converted to motorhomes. They may sleep up to 4 people.

I wouldn't know what engine or transmission that old of RV would have. If it has been sitting for a while though, I wouldn't trust any of the propane operated equipment in it, ie the stove, water heater, furnace, fridge. I'm not sure I would trust those things in one that old that had been cared for. Guess I'm just a little scared of leaking propane after seeing one explode while being filled at a convenience store once.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)