AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

help 5209 disc bine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Karl SWIN
Posted 6/14/2009 19:21 (#745038 - in reply to #744499)
Subject: RE: Karl ?

I would say that it is simpiler then taking the cutterbar apart although it's not a real simple job either.
To replace the key you have to remove the gearbox from the machine so that you can get to both sides of the box. If you look at the bottom front of the gearbox there are two large round plugs(not the two smaller plugs at the very bottom,one on the outside one on the inside) that resemble oversized freeze plugs,these have to be removed to drive the short shaft out. I drilled a hole the right size to screw in long self tapping screw(3"or longer) that would then bottom out on the shaft and then as you keep turning it will push the plug out.
With the plugs out you can then drive the shaft out. Then clean any old key debris, check the shaft and file off any rough spots so that it slips together fairly easily. Then replace the key with a hardend key, DO NOT USE REGULAR KEY STOCK. I had to learn that the hard way last week. Regular key stock lasted about a year.
You can either replace the plugs or weld the holes shut which is what I've done both times. They drive back in pretty easily.
If you have anymore question let me know I've probably missed something.

Edited by Karl SWIN 6/14/2009 20:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)