AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone in confinement building
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 5/28/2023 13:21 (#10246986 - in reply to #10246267)
Subject: RE: A very Stupid idea...........

Middlesex County, Ontario
Birddy - 5/27/2023 22:49

Trying to wake animals to get them to eat, stupid idea, etc.  Why in the world would you try that sadistic method. 
I can't believe anyone would be so stupid, this gives farming and ranching a bad name.  

PETA are you watching ?   Feed him to the wolves............

I think this poster is a troll, and a PETA employee..........

You are the only person who said "wake" or anything about taking animals out of sleep. The talk was about getting animals up to eat, not waking them up to eat. Getting them up, as in an animal that is awake and sitting or laying down.

There are many common ways to encourage animals to get up and eat that are industry standard practices. Pushing up feed, momentarily brightening or dimming lights, momentarily turning on sprinklers, timing feed augers, walking through the barn, etc.

In the heat of summer with near market-weight birds, you better be doing something to get those birds up. A hot bird sits. A sitting bird doesn't have air moving around half of its body to help cool it down and gets even hotter. A really hot bird dies. I can't see a drone working inside a poultry house, but I can see how much walking it would save.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)