AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1440 or1460
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 6/13/2009 07:06 (#743411 - in reply to #742755)
Subject: Re: 1440 or1460

Aberdeen MS
Everyone is talking size of the machine. Which is important, but, think more on what size head you will be running.

The machine will do a better job running "almost full" compared to "half full". 6 row corn head and 20' platform are perfect fits for a 1460. In beans a 25 foot platform does very well on 1460 as well, but in wheat is a bit much. 8 row corn head can be handled by a 1460, but tank capacity will be limited.

With 12" boards on top of the OEM tank, 1/4 mile rounds with my 1460 is no problem in 180 bpa corn with a 6 row head. For many years 800 acres of corn/beans a year went through the 1460 and we could have taken on more acres if needed with no problems.

Around here, 1460's can be had for 5K.....+/-. Internals can be replaced with the latest parts. Over the last 2 yrs my 1460 has been updated for less than 15K and now holds a new AFX rotor with new heavy cone, squirrel cage fan with air foils, new concaves and grates, several new augers and a retro fit for fore/aft reel control. All the updates were done by the dealer and includes hauling charge of 30 miles one way. Basically updated to XX66 specs in the important areas.

Yes it's still an 81 model, but it would have cost me around 30K to step into a used XX66 2 yrs ago when I put the AFX into it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)