AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rav 4 clunk when backing up????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmertull
Posted 6/11/2009 23:12 (#741990)
Subject: Rav 4 clunk when backing up????

South Dakota
My 2008 Toyota Rav4 has a loud clunking noise when I back up. It doesnt make the noise when I lock the 4WD. It is a primary Front Wheel Drive so the lock works on the rear differential. There is no clunk when you are going forward. I have 59,200 miles on it and at 60,000 the powertrain warantee is up. The service manager rode with me and heard the noise and was alarmed. After 2 days I called him and he said the National Toyota service computer told them that this was normal. He said he has one on the lot that has a new window sticker that does it and I can hear it if I take it for a ride. I will do it but Edmunds.com doesnt have anyone with a noise. I trust this site more then anyother for getting at the truth.I cant believe the first toyota I have ever bought has such a clunk that has never occured before is now a common accurance. I called my neighbor who has a 2009 model and we tested it hard and not a sound was to be heard. He is ready for me to accept this noise and says that it will be in my records and if something does come up it will be covered after warantee is over. Any Rav 4 owners on the 2006 and newer have this noise? I would never buy a vehicle that had this kind of fault. For them to deny that this is a problem makes wonder how far I will have to take this before it is fixed.
I appreciate any information anyone would have
Farmertull
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)