AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone used the Crary cutting system or air reel?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

townsendfarms
Posted 6/11/2009 13:55 (#741291 - in reply to #741147)
Subject: Re: Anyone used the Crary cutting system or air reel?

I don't have any experience with the cutterbar system, but we have a 635 Hydraflex with the crary air reel on it and it is the biggest POS that we've had. We had it on the 925F and it worked good. But the one on the 635 doesn't blow worth a damn. We've even got the updated gear box to speed up the blower and it doesn't even blow wheat stubble around like the 925 did. Crary claims that the pressures that they've tested comming out of our nozzles should be sufficent enough to blow the beans in, but yet they won't ride with me in the cab to show them that no matter what I do it doesn't blow them in. And now that our head is out of warranty they won't do a damn thing for us! And our last 3 airreels have been Crary, needless to say we wont be going back!!! We've talked to AWS airreels and they claim that we could just use there tube and run the crary blower and it would do a much better job than the crary. They claim it's the angle of attack that makes there system better, theres blows flat across the cutter bar were crary's can't because it's inside the tube and can't get far down enought to get the right angle. Sorry for the long paragraph, Crary's just rubbed me the wrong way and I don't want to see it happen to anyone else!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)