AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Downloaded iphone photos now have wrong date stamp
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/22/2022 08:18 (#9518717 - in reply to #9518430)
Subject: RE: Downloaded iphone photos now have wrong date stamp

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Ron - I noticed your post this morning about iPhone photos and your PC. We just got back from Florida Sunday and this reminded me to transfer the few pictures I took to my Win 10 PC.

My usual procedure is to plug my iPhone 6 into my Win 10 PC with a data cable and look for the desired pictures on the camera through file explorer. They are available under the Internal Storage folder of the iPhone and then within the DCIM folder. They are subdivided into other folders below that. I observe the pictures on the PC and decide which I wish to copy to the PC.

Somewhere along the line I create a new folder on the "C" drive of the computer or on my external USB hard drive. I give it a descriptive name such as Florida 2022. I then use Control-C and Control-V or some alternative to copy the pictures to the PC. This has always gone quite smoothly.

A couple of months ago, I purchased a refurbished iPhone 8 to replace my iPhone 6 since some of my Apps would not update on the old iPhone 6 due to limitations of the IOS. I physically moved the SIM card from the iPhone 6 to the iPhone 8 and I was able to talk with the same data plan etc. I also did a backup of the iPhone 6 and restored to the iPhone 8 so I got all my contacts etc. on the newer phone. I had a few apps that use pairing and I did have to repeat that. Otherwise the switch went smoothly.

I now use the iPhone 8 for pictures although the iPhone 6 would still work. I do notice a difference with pictures on the iPhone 8. When I view them on the PC, they appear quite soon but are somewhat fuzzy. If I wait a bit, the pictures seems to gradually improve in quality. I did not notice this with the iPhone 6. Possibly the iPhone 8 is set at a higher resolution and Win 10 gives me a fuzzy picture while it "works" on it.

I have also noticed that I'm not able to Paste the pictures in the subdirectory that I choose. The pictures are copied but seem to be placed in the parent folder on the folder I had in mind. Once in the parent folder, I am able to view them and move them to the folder I originally had in mind. I also notice that the pictures are some times "not available" in the DCIM folder on the iPhone and I must give permission on the iPhone.

OK back to your observation. I was able to copy the pictures from last week from my iPhone 8 to my PC by allowing this on the iPhone, creating a Florida Subfolder on the hard drive and copying them. They first appeared in the parent folder of the desired Florida 2022 folder (seems strange) and I was able to move them to the desired subfolder of Florida 2022, When I look at the details for the files on the PC, they have the original date when the pictures were taken on the iPhone 8.

This does not seem to agree with your observations. I'm wondering if during your manipulations, if Win 10 thought that the files were modified and thus used the current date rather than the date the pictures were taken.

This process which seemed so simple with the old iPhone seems to be more difficult now. Possibly some of this is due to the fact that about the same time that I changed the iPhones, I also purchased a refurbished Win 10 computer. I relocated the previous Win 10 computer to my "lab" in the basement and use the newer one in the office. I thought they were both identical in that they both use Win 10. I found that some of my microcontroller projects worked with one computer and not the other. After much frustration, I discovered that the former unit uses Win 10 Pro Ed, while the latest one uses Win10 Home Ed. There are difference which explained the situation with the microcontroller problem. Maybe this has something to do with my iPhone confusion as well.

Upon checking the pictures I moved from the iPhone 8 to the PC hard drive, they now seem to "come in" in full detail whereas the first viewing was fuzzy. Confusing.

Edited by tedbear 2/22/2022 08:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)