AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1999 5.9L cummins 5spd performance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

66Chevy
Posted 6/10/2009 12:25 (#739768 - in reply to #739138)
Subject: Re: 1999 5.9L cummins 5spd performance

I run a Quadzilla Adrenaline on My '99 2500 5 sp 4wd. Its similar to the edge in operation, but I think it makes the power smoother and with less worry on the egt's. My opinion. I also have it straight piped and have an after market air intake. I usually run it between level 3 and 5 for most everything. Anything higher than that while pulling a trailer, and you better start pricing a southbend clutch as well, as thats a lot of horse for a stock clutch and any weight behind. Not sure exactly what horse that is, but its a good shot in the arm over stock. I don't think I have ever seen over 1100 degrees on egts right before the turbo with this set up, which I know friends with the edge stuff that go way hotter than that. I have never pulled super heavy, but probably around 20k ( Long box ext cab with 24 kiefer steel trailer and 8-9 bred Simmental cows is about the heaviest so far) The fuel pressure guage mentioned above is not a choice, its a must, no questions about it. Truck has about 220k on the clock, and just keeps ticking.

Basically you can make is much power as you want with the right amount of checkbook. Careful though, it can be addicting, and running all day on level 10 ( which is claimed by the Manufacturer to be somewhere around 180 hp and 425 tq over stock, if i recall) is fun, but you might watch your fuel guage suffer. Have fun, they are good trucks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)