AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows 10 Antivirus Software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

md.mcwill
Posted 1/30/2022 07:28 (#9471243 - in reply to #9469496)
Subject: RE: Windows 10 Antivirus Software

I have W11 and I only run the antivirus within windows and I am careful where I go.

A couple of years ago with W10 I tried one of the antivirus options. I wanted to run this antivirus software in addition to the W10 antivirus software. I found out that the installed antivirus software disabled W10's software. I did not like that. I deleted the antivirus software and had to go through some gyrations to get the W10 antivirus software back to running. Remember this was a few years ago. Things may have changed.

One of the things that I do is to have a couple of browsers set up with high security. I have run FireFox set up to delete sessions when I exit among other things. That is a little bit of a pain because if I exit FF it forgets that I have signed into NAT. There have been a few times when some website tries to hijack FF. I just exit or go into Taskmanager and end the FF process. That means that some websites will not work with FF. That is OK because I have left Chrome and Edge as default.

My bank will only use a few browsers for me to log into the website. With the security setup with FF, this can cause problems with signing into a few website. This normally happens after a major update by FF. I just wait a day or two for the website to update and then I can go on logging into my bank.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)