AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

855 update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 6/2/2009 21:41 (#730772)
Subject: 855 update

The motor started and ran but was down on power, so I looked for any type of restriction and found the line from the intake to the pump was clogged, but after cleaning everything down to the oriface, no change still slow to rev (couldn't check power since it rained). After talking with the cummins pump guy he said I could put my VS pump on my new engine, but it would only make what the pump was set to. Since I had all the power in the world before, I decided this was no problem and swapped pumps and blocked some lines the original pump used.

Now it has a snappier throttle and seems to run down the road about like it used to - but it doesn't quite throw me out of the seat on the 6 to 7 gear change. Also, it doesn't blow the black smoke that it used to when I rev the engine. I have not been in the field yet, but I'm a little concerned that I may have more work to do. On a cat 3306 I had in a challenger we did all kinds of pump work with no improvement until I replaced the injectors. I'm hoping not to have a repeat. Anyone know if the various cummins injectors only operate in a certain pressure range and running towards the low end means poor performance. The plan would be to eventually have my VS pump built to the new engine specs, but is there some in between steps I could take?

Thanks,

Pat

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)