AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? for virgina veg.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Virginia Veg.
Posted 6/2/2009 19:20 (#730559 - in reply to #730209)
Subject: RE: ? for virgina veg.

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
We plumbed a female ISO coupler into the lift assist cylinder right where the hoses tee in. Now that I think about it, a xx20 Magnum probably only had one lift assist cylinder on the right, so it probably only has a elbow, not a tee. It's right below where you would hang the handle on the center link when it's not being used. So if you look in the parts book for a 7140, you can replace your 7120's 90 degree elbow with a tee, then run a little hose and add a female ISO coupler (or pioneer connector or whatever you call them in your region) Then plug the pressure line from your planter's lift assist into this coupler. We were using 8 row KMC strip till machines hooked to a Deere 1710 planter at that time. We had vac fan, fold, markers, and hyd driven Ace pump, so we HAD to use the rocker switch for the lift assist. All 4 remotes were already being used. It was a single acting cylinder on the KMC wheels. This was back in about 1995 and is the best I can remember. I sure wish I had a picture of that rig. It was pretty cool. I planted about 100 acres of cotton a day in for 28 days after I got out of class at State in Raleigh. I was working for a man in Newton Grove.

If you're running the fan on #1, it still has priority, so the rocker switch for the hitch shouldn't affect your fan speed. If you run the fan on any other circuit, it should at the very least have equal priority unless you hook some other fuction to #1. (Got to love that retarded #1 priority) I try to avoid using #1 unless I'm disking or something. I know this post is a little scatter brained, so if I didn't explain it well, let me know and I'll try again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)