AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

looking at CIH 7120....hints please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jedeka
Posted 5/27/2009 07:53 (#724302 - in reply to #724277)
Subject: Re: looking at CIH 7120....hints please

Boone, Iowa
If it is a mfd tractor, you will get along fine with the disk. Leaks to look for, are mfd axle seals, front crank seal, front cover, and head gasket. With that low of hours, you may have a leak-free tractor. I had an 89' 7120 mfd and bought it with 7600 hours. It was not the most upkept tractor when I brought it home. After fixing some things on it, we ran it another 2000 hours before updating to an MX240. The transmissions are almost bulletproof. You may experience a hesitation in the even or odd gears. If so, there are two charged accumulators. One is for the even numbered gears and one for the odd numbered gears. These should be replaced, rather than recharged, since they will just leak down again. The 72xx series tractors had a lot of updates over the 71xx seres and if a part failure does occur, the updated 72xx part will fix the problem. Some of these were electrical senders and may have already been updated on the tractor you are looking at. Not trying to scare you away, since these are good tractors. If I ever update my 3688 loader tractor, I will be looking for another 7120.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)