AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Challenger MT665B ?'s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gary Blonde
Posted 5/25/2009 18:45 (#722652)
Subject: Challenger MT665B ?'s

Decatur, Michigan
We leased a 2007 Challenger 665 for the 2009 crop yr. to help get the work done primarily, but we were also curious about those Agco brand tractors. I fell in love with the ride/power/fuel economy right off the bat! However, quickly, things took a turn for the worse, keep in mind the tractor already had 900 hrs on it before I have picked it up. We have put a little over 200 on it this last month, but 25 of those were spent diagnosing different little and big problems that kept us from getting our work done with it,(it was for custom work that we had lined up).

To start off, it started sending codes the first day (E-9150) after several attempts by the dealer it was concluded that it would require a new set of injectors, which they installed only after several agonizing days of the tractor detuning down to 1300 rpms whenever the code appeared.

They gave me a MT 575 to use while they were swapping out the injectors on the 665, classy move on their behalf, except I made it 3 miles down the road and it threw a T-4150 code which means there s a restriction n the hydraulic system or filter. They met me on the side of the road and changed out the $122 filter and away I went. The 575 was a nice little tractor!! I used for a couple of days until the other was completed.

After the rains left and the farms started to dry out, I got the 665 back out in the field and ran it 5 straight days, long hours, without too many issues, but yesterday and today it threw the same T-4150 code the other tractor threw and it also started throwing itself in park, it will not come back out either until it is feeeling darn good and ready, I am so frustrated, when I need to go ito reverse or switch to forward it does it, when I drop my RPMs it does it, Basically when I try try to drive across the field it is trying to throw itself into park, I can hear it doing from just below and to the rear of the cab. I am looking for a way to bypass this stupid electromagnetic park for one night to finish the last farm before it rains for the next two days. Can anyone help me??

If the mud and rain and getting stuck weren't enough, I didn't want to deal with these mechanical issues as well.

Gary Blonde
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)