AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Security Camera app - HELP!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Obsolete
Posted 9/26/2021 16:30 (#9239737)
Subject: Security Camera app - HELP!

oregon
Back Story: Had a guy put in a 16 camera system for me in 2018. Had a few problems the first year like: "not recording" alerts a few times, NVR problems (the guy replaced it 2x the first year),
clock time would be set and it would jump forward 12 hours, date/time would show properly for a week and then jump forward.

I figured cheap Chinese parts and chips inside were giving problems. That was the first year.

Then I installed a RealCamview app to monitor it remotely in 2019. The guy replaced 9 out of 16 cameras on 6-1-2019. Talk about poor quality control. (GW security is the brand)

During October of 2019, the mobile viewing app dropped 1, then 2 cameras and they later came back. Then in December of 2019 it dropped 3 cameras from viewing.

A year later, late summer of 2020, you could only view 1 camera at a time. Then in October of 2020 it dropped all cameras from remote viewing. Manually turning the NVR off/on to reboot did not work. So, a few months of no remote viewing.....And then a crazy thing happened in January of 2021, all the cameras returned for remote viewing. Like magic. No rebooting. They simply returned. The system was working and I was happy as a clam until July of 2021 when the $%^#!@! thing went offline again and now manually turning the NVR off/on does not reboot the system to work.

So as I said, the Security camera brand is GW Security. I read online reviews of RealCamview and GWCamview. Neither app gets rave reviews.

I can't complain much about the guy who sold and installed it. He had a 1 year warranty and did everything he could in that one year and spent hours and hours out here with his helper working on solutions at no additional charge. Maybe a better system initially but I can't blame him for software, quality problems, can I?

Can anyone here with expertise find a good app for me for my system? Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)