AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hypro sprayer pump troubles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry in AB
Posted 5/22/2009 14:01 (#720678)
Subject: Hypro sprayer pump troubles

Alberta, Canada
So I bought a Hypro 9304c HM5 pump which is suppose to have a 15 gpm hydraulic pump driving it, matched to my tractors hyd. capacity. This pump also by the spec sheet has like double the capacity of my old pto Roller pump.

Well I hooked it up. This pump has a 2" inlet and a 1 1/2" outlet. My inlet hose is only 1 1/2" so I had to reduce that down to fit. My outlet hose is already 1 1/2" so that was fine. I can develope 50-60 psi if I have the valve to my tank agitator jets turned off. If I start cracking that open I loose pressure and the pump starts loading up and kicks out the spool valve detent. With my old pump I had the agitation valve wide open with no problems. I have a 800 imperial gallon spray tank with 4 of those agitation jets so I get lots of agitation in the tank. I probably don't need to have that much I figured I'd turn the vavle down to half and it would still be lots but the pump won't put out enough volume it seems.

I'm not sure if it's the pump, my agaitator jets in the tank, the way I have it plumbed in or my tractor hydraulics. The pump has a bypass on it too but I have it closeed off so the pump should run at full speed.

I hate to have to put my old pump back on now!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)