AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I find it ironic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TxFarmer
Posted 5/21/2009 21:27 (#720119 - in reply to #720100)
Subject: Re: I find it ironic

Panhandle of Texas

Our planting (milo) usually starts around the 10th of June. (If the moisture would be there for sure, I would really prefer to plant on about June 20). We pretty much got caught up on working calves today (worked another 97 today!!), so I will get the planter out, and grease 'er up.  It shouldn't need anything major, as we worked the planter over pretty good when we finished with it last season.  I like to make repairs while they're fresh on my mind.

We usually plant hay after we're done with milo.  Early hay usually burns up; and besides, you can't get two cuttings in these parts, anyway.

Our wheat harvest is not going to take long....if it takes place at all.  The wheat in my area is not too bueno. . .

I've already plowed 700 acres of wheat up, and looking at the rest of it makes me wonder if I should do the same to it before the ground gets so friggin' hard the plow won't take the ground.

I would give just about anything to have the rain (or at least the excess) that you corn boys are dealing with.  We are dryer than 2 popcorn farts !!  The grass has greened up, but we have [practically] a zero moisture profile.  It really makes me wonder if we should even mess with planting milo.  I suppose if we get some June rainfall we could still make a crop, but I really like having somewhat of a profile before we plant !

This is the calm before the storm.  I mean that figuratively, and I hope it is literally, too.  1. Things are getting ready to speed up around here....2. and I hope it goes to storming (raining), as well !!

Edited by TxFarmer 5/21/2009 21:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)