AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Please tell me someone got pictures of this!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TxFarmer
Posted 5/21/2009 20:06 (#720068 - in reply to #719946)
Subject: OUCH!

Panhandle of Texas

So, there were 3 tractors pulling a planter (one in the middle, and one on each end) ??

If so, that sounds  r e a l   smart  .....How would one go about "hitching" a tractor to the wing of a planter?

If the 3 tractors did not pull the planter in exact time, you could screw up a planter in a hurry !!

A 120 ft. planter.....the thought of it alone kind of scares me...My sprayer doesn't even have a 120 ft. boom !!

I shudder to think what a 120 ft. planter would cost...I also shudder to think what it's gonna cost to "un-tweak"/un-spring it.  Years ago, a neighbor borrowed a plow from my Granddad.  The neighbor hung a corner post with the plow, and sprung the plow pretty bad.  The neighbor said "Don't worry, I can fix it".  My Granddad said "Nope, you can't un-spring a plow".  The guy tried, but it couldn't be done...this was with a simple plow, somewhere in the 16 foot (width) range (this was years ago, when equipment was "small"). 

If the planter is really sprung, I doubt it will ever be like it was originally.  I'm sure the tolerances are pretty tight when it comes to the folding, and all the workings of the unit.

Edited by TxFarmer 5/21/2009 20:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)