AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What am I missing? CIH 4260 sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dingleberry
Posted 5/20/2009 22:08 (#719445)
Subject: What am I missing? CIH 4260 sprayer

Out doing a little spraying tonight with our new to us sprayer and have a question. Still learning as I go on this thing but was applying a herbicide\fertlize mix at 20 gallons per acre. Running an Insight Direct Command controller, had some floodjet tips in (sorry don't know the # but we have run these before on a smaller sprayer) in every other nozzel for a spaceing of 30". I could not get it to let me go over about 10 1/2 to 11 mph while my boom pressures showed only around 40lbs. If I tried to go any faster than this my applied rate per acre would start to drop. I could not get my pressure to go beyond the 40 mark. The only way I could get by pressures that high was to back my sparge almost completelty off. Is there a possibility that both my boom pressure gauges would be off? It did look like more of a mist than I am used to seeing behind the floodjets.

Is this the way that it is supposed to be? Is that all the volume that my pump will carry? If that is the case how slow would I have to go when i want to apply say 40?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)