AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new windows internet explorer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Carl In Georgia
Posted 11/27/2006 05:50 (#65975 - in reply to #65650)
Subject: RE: Be careful with Quickbooks

Ashburn, GA, (very close to Heaven!)

Yeah, good old Intuit has reasonable enough prices on software, but they like to make profits on their upgrades and "premium" services.

I have run into a problem trying to maintain payroll tax table without upgrading. First I have to pay for the payroll tax table service every year, then after a couple of years, I have to upgrade the software as a three year-old (approx) version will no longer support tax table downloads.  Sometimes, with a software upgrade of a few hundred dollars, I think I get a free year of payroll tax service, but honestly don't remember and am not bothering to look it up.

It all gets a little pricey to me, but it is so effective, that I can't resist investing what's necessary to keep going. If I had no payroll to maintain, I'd probably be fine with the older versions.  My version of QB prints all the forms I need, from 940's, 941's, W-2's, W-3's, as well as state tax and state Department of Labor forms.

I use QB for business, regularly upgrading, and still using six year old Quicken Windows 2000 for my personal finances, and am happy with it.

Edited by Carl In Georgia 11/27/2006 05:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)