AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using drone to check center pivot troubles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 7/28/2021 11:40 (#9134018 - in reply to #9130442)
Subject: RE: Using drone to check center pivot troubles

Coles County, Illinois
I don't know a lot about center pivots but I have an Air 2 and in calm conditions ( 5 mph wind) I can get within 6" of obstacles. You have to turn off the safeties as they don't like getting much closer than 2' with them on. (Recommend practicing before as this requires some skill) Although you can get miles away from the controller you have to be pretty high up in the air (100') to get much further than 1 mile. I like to look at drainage soon after a storm goes thru and It seems to me that having a wet crop soaks up the control signal. In those conditions I start losing signal at less than 1/2 mile especially if there is a corn field between me and a soybean field I'm looking at.

One thing you can do is take either 4K or 8K pictures and look at them on your home computer. The "Live" broadcast is only 1K so looking at pictures off line allows you to "zoom" in and pick up detail.

At around $1000 the Air 2 fly more combo is a really good choice however First Person View (FPV) is poorly supported. I'll probably get DJI's FPV drone but I want to get better flying and the Air 2 will always be useful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)