AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Does excel have a menu item similar to the "mailing" item
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tigger
Posted 7/12/2021 10:07 (#9106081 - in reply to #9100922)
Subject: RE: Does excel have a menu item similar to the "mailing" item

Iowa
I have a few templates for invoices and a simple letterhead tied in with my excel accounting spreadsheet. There are also a couple tables with contacts on other tabs of the spreadsheet. The table format makes it easier to copy and paste the contact info to a specific cell to be used on the invoice or letterhead. The print parameters are preset, so it is easy to print directly from excel on standard paper. Some of the documents are made to be folded and placed in envelopes with windows so the mailing address will show through. Otherwise, I have another tab with a template that will print the mailing & return address on standard envelopes. It's crude and clunky, but faster than doing it by hand, and easier for others to read than my hand writing.

I don't use MS Word very much and have not used the word mail functions. Maybe you were talking about email instead of paper documents. In that case, I copy the excel document as a photo, paste it to MS Word, and email that file. That is also a little clunky, but I don't have to do that very much. There is probably a better way to get it done. It's interesting to see how others do things.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)