AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

D3C Tranny ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dirtman
Posted 5/12/2009 16:02 (#711194)
Subject: D3C Tranny ?

Little Eqypt - Southern Illinois
I have a D3C 94 model that I purchased recently. With the rains of the last two years I have a lot of waterway and ditch work to do this summer. When I was shopping I had my buddy who is runs a Cat at the mine come along to check them out for me. We could find little wrong with it, motor, pins and undercarriage were all in great shape. The thing appears to have a great motor and a good transmission in it. It pushes like crazy.

Ok now after about a hour of use, it will quit moving, no forward or reverse. Take the transmission filter out and wash it in solvent (one of the screen wire filters 3F 1R tranny) and put it back and it works like new for an hour again. Drained the oil and put in some 30W motor oil same thing. The filter appears to have "mud" in it when it is cleaned. The oil I drained had same appearance after it settled out.

I was told by an "old timer" to drain the oil, put in some K2, run it for a few minutes and drain again and but oil back in. Not sure I want to do that yet. I am about to change the oil again but cant understand where the "mud" is coming from. Clutch pads disintegrating?

Like I said, clean the filter, and you can do anything you want for an hour...........no lack of power or tranny.

Anyone got a idea or thought on this.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)