AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No Till pics from Finland update / Seed Hawk / ansvers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Traveling Man
Posted 5/11/2009 01:20 (#709832)
Subject: No Till pics from Finland update / Seed Hawk / ansvers

Finland, up there in north where noboby farms!
Before I'm back from field my post is on third page so here is some ansvers:

Rosco, good to hear that things are rolling ok there! Safety first, tell Stub to take it easy and his broken leg sure keeps you going! Send some pictures!
Crowbar: I can't really explain fertilizer placement issue! It just works here because high moisture on soil, heavy clay soils and softer fertilizers. They have done some test and there is very little damages, sometimes non from fer. There is some study done in North Dakota (I think) about that too. Google it.
Ed: I had to come USA to see benefits of no-till....so I don't know who is learning and where???
Usafarmers: Dirt flipper word came from farmer from Genesee/Idaho and this guy got it Australia! I just like that too!!!!!!!
ILOVECH: Nice video, you sure have lot of crops and iron on your farm! Some finnish Valtra tractors too...those are made little north from here.
DBH: Thanks for last visit, it has been busy times to get things organiced here: this is one man operation, so if I'm not doing it it will not happen! Story of my life :) If it is cold there, we have Seattle wheather here. Rains, but not much...just few drops, but we can't get much done!

Here is 6 meter Seed Master / Väderstad that we got from Sweden (home of the Väderstad) to test it out. Sure our soils does not flow too good and it looks ugly, but seed seem to be in good place. Let's see the results after few weeks!

Edited by Traveling Man 5/11/2009 01:24

(Seed Hawk 021 (816 x 612) (408 x 306).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Seed Hawk 021 (816 x 612) (408 x 306).jpg (45KB - 141 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)