AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

question for J kneese?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JKneese
Posted 5/11/2009 19:46 (#710303 - in reply to #709938)
Subject: Re: question for J kneese?

Yorktown, TX
I was there 2 wks ago to plant hay in Fredericksburg and to plow in Comfort. It had greened up a lot then, and dad says it is even better now. I got the rain I needed to get the hay out of the ground. Our place in Fredericksburg (the house) is out on Hayden Ranch Rd, and the place in Comfort is on Cypress Creek, West of town.

I also went by Fredericksburg Equipment to price a hay cutter. Man, they are way off. How do people pay for equipment around there? We have gone to them for prices on tractors and other things and they are always way off. On the last one, they were $11,000 high, and Sydney couldn't do anything because the boss said that is what they needed. Where do ya'll get equipment? We pretty much just buy it from down South (where I grew up) and haul it up there.

Since you know about the Kneese family (which isn't too big anymore), my Opa and Oma are Martin and Vera Kneese. My dad is Steven Kneese.

Bruce took over the Kneese Bros. business and made it what it is now. He took that over from his father Leroy. My grandfather worked with Leroy building houses and stuff, and had retired by the time Bruce was old enough to start running the business. I know that at one time Bruce, Gerald, and Leroy weren't on the best of terms, and I know that Gerald has left and come back several times. I don't think he is working with Bruce now because he did not come out the last time we had a building built which was about a 2 months or so ago.

Edited by JKneese 5/11/2009 19:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)