AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For B-rad.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 5/10/2009 23:11 (#709696 - in reply to #709687)
Subject: RE: For B-rad.......

Kansas
Yep, That's the additional air tank.

First air compressor I ever owned was made by sears and roebuck. Had a plastic squirrel cage fan that had an offcenter bolt hole where it connected to the pump rod. I didn't use it much but every time I did that damn fan would self explode. Goto sears. Get new fan. put it on. Next time go to use compressor......boom....she'd blow that fan to pieces again.

Next thing it was out of warranty.

Next thing I had a piece of junk compressor.

So I threw all the crap off the top of it, tossed the wheels, made a bracket or two and fashioned it under that flatbed for additional air storage. You know too, those two lil tanks on that PUMA don't hold squat to blow off a combine or run a impact gun.

The pickup sits level. I actually goofed putting the flatbed on and it's a lil lower in the rear than the front. I thought I got more chopped off my front spacer blocks than I actually did. Well, I wasn't putting it on in the shop. Just out front where the tractors are sitting and it's not the most level of places. Good enough to drain oil. obviously not good enough to eyeball a level bed. Even did put the level on it. Said it was good. Yea, Shoot. Never thought to try it on the frame first.

Live and Learn.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)