AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm not a 'bird person', but...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

95h
Posted 5/11/2009 00:07 (#709787 - in reply to #708869)
Subject: RE: I'm sorta a 'bird person', but...

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

I draw the line at pigons/starlings.

I've got both quail and phesants in the yard. Actually they're both scattered all over the farm.  Few days ago while going down a gravel driveway to clean an irrigation screen and check a couple feet water.. Dang Killdeer was doing her "wounded" act. I watched and she went back to her nest after I pasted. Killdeer nest in gravel.

So, I found a large rock put it in the pickup and next time I passed her nest I placed the large rock about 18 inches away. Figured anyone driving by would want to miss the rock there by missing her nest,, And,, I'm confident anyone would be too lazy to get out and move the rock. Laughing    Did my good deed for nature thing that day.

Sure hate when the phesant's try to hide in the timothy when I'm swathing. I try an watch for them as they've just hatched, and while able to run around just not able to fly yet. I've been known to stop the swather and shoo the knotheads from running into the uncut hay. AND/OR,, at least I really slow down to a crawl with the swather and give them a chance to get away ..

Edited by 95h 5/11/2009 00:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)