AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

christmas gift ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

schmid
Posted 12/12/2022 11:23 (#9979072 - in reply to #9979025)
Subject: RE: christmas gift ideas

ECIL
I've got kids similar ages 14 (boy), 12 (girl), 9 (girl), 6 (boy). I'm the same as you, we stay as far away from the phones, video games, etc, as we can. Last Christmas we bought my oldest son a 3d printer and I'll bet there hasn't been a week go by since then that he hasn't printed at least one item. Sometimes it seems as if it's running 24/7. I bought an Ender3 Pro off of Amazon and he has done some modifications to it throughout the year. (I will say it does help that he has friends with the same interests as they started an engineering club in their local high school this fall.) My wife and I were talking the other day and we are pretty sure the 3d printer was the best (most useful) Christmas gift we have ever gotten the kids. I'm not sure we can out do that one, but we decided on a DJI Mini 2 drone, hoping he will put it to use on the farm amongst other things.

We try to be fairly practical with the kids, watches, clothing, games, clothing, etc.

I do like the idea of a gun as well once they are responsible enough. My oldest has an old .22 that his uncle gave him when he moved off the farm. He has access to that as long as he lets my wife or I know before he goes out with it. Not all that useful long term , but maybe practical now would be enough 1/64 toys to build a board in the shop or barn and get to spend some time with them as you're doing it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)