AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about going from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/10/2021 06:44 (#9312926 - in reply to #9311792)
Subject: RE: Thinking about going from iPhone 6 to iPhone 8

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Right or wrong, I ordered a refurbished iPhone 8 yesterday from Back Market. Their reply seems a bit cheesy but I will not pass judgement yet.

The Ad indicates that the phone is unlocked and will work with Verizon. They have different levels such as fair, good or excellent with various memory options. I went with the good level with maximum memory. I have a large collection of music and have maxed out the memory on the iPhone 6.

I am hopeful that I can backup the iPhone 6 to the cloud, remove the SIM card from the iPhone 6 and install it in the iPhone 8. Hopefully I will have service at that time and I can restore the iPhone 8 from the cloud. Supposedly this will contain my contacts and apps. If this goes well, then I should be able to update the apps that need IOS 13 or above.

My other choice (I'll probably do both) is to make a backup with iTunes to my PC. As I understand this I can use either to get my "new" iPhone close to the "old" iPhone. I don't know if my music will transfer via the cloud approach. That's not a big issues as I will be adding music anyway.

This package was around $250 total with tax etc. I am comfortable with that price. I don't feel the fancy camera options of the newest phones are necessary for my use.

I will report back with my results once the iPhone 8 arrives.

Edited by tedbear 11/11/2021 05:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)