AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sidedressing NH3
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dave Cen.Ia
Posted 5/22/2009 19:51 (#720771)
Subject: Sidedressing NH3

Nevada, Iowa
I am considering this, have never done it before. I have an older 11 shank DMI bar without coulters. The soil conditions are quite loose, ground was fall disk ripped, one pass with an FC this spring. Residue amounts are very high (continuous corn), the stalks were not shredded and there are lots of long pieces of stalk left over. The corn plants are furrowed in a bit due the residue movers ushering residue into the centers. I think that without coulters I will need to wait for the corn to get at least 8-10 inches high and think that the low disturbance mole knives will be a must. Any pointers for running in these conditions or should I just inject some liquid? There is 120 units of UAN down and a half rate of Outlook so weeds and lack of N is not an issue at this point. The bar has disk sealers and I have a controller that I will be installing on the bar. Going slower will not bother me and the controller should allow for ground speed variability. Any input will be appreciated, thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)