AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

clutch issues on 1949 chevy pickup?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 3/20/2009 13:37 (#650655 - in reply to #650403)
Subject: RE: clutch issues on 1949 chevy pickup?

Kansas
Gene

52 chevy truck had an issue one time with the slipping clutch. You'll never believe this but I swear it's the truth.

Those have the multi finger pressure plate all the way around. Mice liked this truck (old water truck) and were always carrying seat stuffing out of the cab for us.

After having enough of the slipping clutch we pulled the transmission and low and behold, the mice had put that seat stuffing in the bellhousing and it got into that pressure plate. Each time we pushed the clutch in the centrifiqual force pulled the seat stuffing deeper into the pressure plates outer area making a stop so the fingers on the plate wouldn't completely come back.

Put the pressure plate in the shop press and pushed the fingers down. REached in with a hook pick and for an hour pulled and cleaned stuffing and string....mostly cotton material....out of the outer deep ends of the pressure plate.

Put it all back together and worked like a charm. Never in my life have I seen another one or heard of it but I sure wanted to pass this along to you for consideration to look at if you decided to pull it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)