AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Odd locations for grease fittings.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Orin
Posted 2/28/2009 01:15 (#625955 - in reply to #625742)
Subject: My short list:

Nusbaum Farms LLC Bellfountain, OR
JD 230 auger header, early model: On the RH side reel bushing, there is a zerk between the frame and the pulley. PITA to get the coupler on and a bigger PITA to get the coupler off. The later ones have a hose to make it easier, I eventually added that to all of ours.

Steiger Panther III: The front pivots for the steering cylinders and the u-joints connecting the trans to the divider box. You can barely reach them by standing on your knees and holding the gun in one hand and the coupler in the other.

MacDon 972 draper head: The zerks in the inner draper rollers. Good thing that the belts can freewheel with the power off, or they would be even more of a pain.

JD 7020: The U-joints in the hinge, especially the rear half. Not much room in there.

MF 760 hydro: The zerk in the hydro belt tightener pulley. Seems that the engine always stops with that thing pointing the wrong way. The straw spreaders weren't a lot of fun to grease when we were using them.

I don't remember the details anymore, but I think the White 8800's had some real doozies.

-Orin
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)