AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No till vs Strip Till results
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 10/22/2008 10:14 (#488001 - in reply to #486555)
Subject: Re: No till vs Strip Till results

Aberdeen MS
For some it might not eddie.

In my situation, this year, with the "M" variety, it translates to an $18+ more gross revenue. I have an average contract price of $12.26 on my forward sales. Fuel, then... that actually got burned cost me around $1.25.

Maintenance of the strip tiller amounts to a couple tubes of grease a year...to date. After 3 years of use, grease is the only thing I've put to it. The savings I've had to date with using the strip tiller over all acres, it was paid for over 1 yr ago. Wear and tear on the tractor is a factor, but that is paid for as well and it gets around 60 hours per year operation. To be truthful and honest with the breakeven sheet, a price has to be put on it. Mine is just a bit lower than others that are making payments...etc.

With all that said, for myself, and the acres I put into beans, that $18+ gross revenue translates into around $5500 dollars. For an extra 3 days work in the spring, some might say it is a decent enough return.... others like yourself say it isn't. I operate on net income per acre...other's operate on yield.

That's why I concluded with the statement I'll leave it others to decide for themselves.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)