AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crabgrass, creeping charlie, and dandelions in the lawn - how to get rid of it
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

bjr
Posted 10/1/2008 09:50 (#472861 - in reply to #472454)
Subject: Re: Crabgrass, creeping charlie, and dandelions in the lawn - how to get rid of it

E. WA.
I've Burmuda Grass; Puncturre vine and Tumble weeds and I'm SE. WA. state. I'm not claiming any great amount of knowledge here, just sharing what works best for me. I have a neglected old lawn that had a lot of thatch IE. matted heavily infested with Burmuda. The soil is mostly fine desert sand w/ some clay. Over a period of several years I used a thatcher on it several times and core areator. The rental equipment prices were killing me so I built a 3pt. attachment for the tractor I call The "Hole Puncher" out of a stubbler cruncher. It's 'bout 5' wide and I call it aeration when I use it twice a year. This get the water down to the roots of blue grass fescue. I use triple 16 fertilizer and Ironite or fertilizer with as much Iron as I can find. My lawn is slowly loosing the Burmuda grass and is bright green.. This didn't happen over nite, and I've still have to go out kill weeds along the perimeter. I give a lot of credit to just gettin' water down to the roots and not just setting on top evaporating in the sun. Aerate, Baby, Aerate. bjr
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)