AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Variety Locator in GS2
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 9/17/2006 14:19 (#44467 - in reply to #44428)
Subject: My guess...

... is that you will find that you only have VL files for the fields you enabled the last time you ran the card setup.   I hope that isn't the case, but that is my guess.

When writing prescriptions to the card, we have to give EIC all prescriptions at the same time.   The way EIC is written, a "spatial catalog" is created for each field that is exported, and this catalog will be initialized as empty at the start of the export.  Even though an Rx file originally associated with that field might still be on the card, the initialized catalog will not contain a reference to it and neither the GS2 nor EIC will know that the Rx is out there.   We have logged a request to AMS to change this behavior and they have it on the table for discussion

If you would be willing to send me a copy of your setup card, and tell me the VL files that you exported with that setup command, I can look in the RCD folder and tell you if there  are VL files still associated with the fields exported earlier.   Actually, if you could tell me just one field for which VL was located on the last export, and just one field that you are sure you exported on a prior card, that would be great.

We have posted an ES build with GS2 yield map import turned on.  However, Deere has not responded to my questions about how to create VL files.   I think they are basically just special cases of Rx files, but you have to know the magic keywords.   Seeing your card might tell me what those words are.

Thanks, and good luck!

Edited by Macy 9/17/2006 14:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)