AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Erratic Raven Accuflow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/11/2008 12:49 (#375760 - in reply to #375669)
Subject: RE: Erratic Raven Accuflow

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Get rid of the Fast Close valve and use a Standard Control valve with a separate ON/OFF valve.

I have never liked the Fast close valve (Single Valve setup) and have had seen plenty of problems with them particularily at the rates you suggest.

At the store we never sell the single valve system (even though they are cheaper). Go with the original two valve setup.

The problem with the Fast close valve is that it is trying to adjust the ball valve a very slight amount when running at that low of a rate. The Fast close valve is not geared down as it needs to shut off the system quickly when necessary. The electronics must give a very short shot of electricity to move the ball but yet not move it too much.

The standard valve will have a better chance of doing this since it has a transmission which gears down things considerably thus allowing a slight change in flow rate.

Another thought is to purposely put in some orfices at the knives to restrict the flow. This will create backpressure which will help the cooler work better and possibly help out the control valve.

When I used to apply NH3 with a field cultivator even at higher rates for corn, I would weld the tubes shut and then drill a 1/8" hole in each tube.

Yes, you can test the control valve in the sprayer in the fashion you indicate. The control valve should run for about 8 seconds from fully open to fully closed. Turn on the Master switch and at least one boom switch and then with the switch in Manual, hold the Inc/Dec switch in one direction and listen to the motor. If the motor does not make a sound, it may be fully opened or fully closed. Push the switch the other way. The motor should run until it contacts the limit switch in the valve then it should stop. Then run the switch the other way and again the motor should run. This time it should take about 8 seconds until it once again stops.

If this test works then the valve is probably OK. It is possible that the motor would run properly but the butterfly may not be turning but this is unlikely.

Edited by tedbear 5/11/2008 12:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)