AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

USB to Serial DB9 cable
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 5/4/2008 16:23 (#371318 - in reply to #371314)
Subject: Guidance lines and boundaries

Hillsboro, AL
OK, I have used Sitemate in the past.  I am running 2 InSights now.  You can create your boundaries.  I don't know where Farmworks stands on creating the iby files, but they should be close.  AgLeader had some bugs in the component that they supply to third party vendors to publish the iby's.  I think they are close to fixing that.  Guidance lines are another story.  AgLeader supports a very limited guidance line creation in SMS.  I think it creates headland patterns based on the boundary, but that is about all.  They do allow you to import shape files from the Trimble FMD and convert them to pat files, but that process is not 100%.  I had several lines that became corrupted in the process and were not usable.  AgLeader does not allow any third party software to create guidance lines at this point.  That may change in the future, but don't hold your breath.  The ability to import pat files in the InSight is intended to allow lines to be exported from one InSight to another.  You can batch export the lines, but you must import them one line at a time and it is a painfully slow and user intensive task to do.  Don't expect to great your guidance lines in Sitemate any time in the near future.  The only way to do that from the 4 wheeler will be to move the InSight and Nav2 to the 4 wheeler.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)