AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Allergy Medicine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Buehler
Posted 4/15/2011 00:36 (#1725064 - in reply to #1715246)
Subject: Re: Allergy Medicine

Scott City KS
Treatedseed - 4/8/2011 21:46

I appreciate all the help. I work at a seed production plant, and farm part time so I am always exposed to dust and pollen. I have a Dr. Apt tomorrow morning so I will bring up the shots.

Tell them what you do and have them run every mold they can.

I took de-sensitization shots for 7 years and it didn't really help. But I'm allergic to pretty much everything on the entire planet, so I'm sure they didn't catch it all.

For me, Zyrtec works the best, you can find 400 generics (Cetyrazine) for $17 at Sam's.

Allegra just became OTC.

Claratin doesn't do much for me but a lot of people have good luck with it.

Benedryll just knocks me out, so it is hard to tell.

Perscription wise, Clarinex is just concentrated Claratin, so if it doesn't work, say no.

Xyzal works pretty well for me, but my insurance doesn't cover it.

Flonaise nasal spray works good for nasal allergies. There are some other steroid type sprays that do a nice job too.

If you have chest congestion, inhaled steroids are a cheap, no-side effect alternative.

I'm trying a Bax Aura treatment through my chiropractor. I'm pretty confident it is hogwash and won't work, but I'm trying to keep an open mind. Link below.

http://biovedatechnologies.com/aura-systems/

From a practical standpoint, keep your house clean. Vacuum and dust like it's nobody's business. Throw your pillow away and get a new one. If you can come home to a clean environment and give your body a break from inhalants and allergens, you will be miles ahead when you go back to work.

Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)