AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frozen Drinker
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Wilbur71
Posted 2/12/2011 15:27 (#1609857 - in reply to #1609617)
Subject: Re: Frozen Drinker

EC IA
I consider myself a expert on frozen water tanks not something im glad about. We have many different kinds of tanks in various conditions. Most have some sort of heating element of some sort. Heat tape, lite bulbs, water heaters. We take a old safeguard jug with the hose still attached fill it up with HOT water hold it upside down and slowly pour on water line,float and any pipe thats exposed. Usally that does the trick. Ive also done the exhaust hose and space heater( melted a poly tank that way) Sometimes hot water and time is wat it takes. Ive only had to do the last resort solution twice my dad says they use to do it alot.Here it is Take off float and fittings so u get to water line take small hose with HOT water and start shoving it done the pipe it can take a lot of hose and some time but sooner or later water will come shooting out. Usally getting it everwhere. Then hurry shut of well hurry back put all back together b4 it all freezes turn water back on and then u have it. Wet cold job but has never failed me. Good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)